Thursday, August 28, 2008

For Tonight "We" dance!

So tonight is the main event; the true echoes of a changing nation. There will be a speech from the most revered politician and a man who is viewed as our hope. Gore will no date use his statement status to convince and empower the intense watchers the "the time is now." (May his speech be powerful, point-ful, & short). Then, comes the voice of America’s working, tired, fighting, sick, frightened, strong, eager, newly renewed, and still divided. Obama will no doubt knock it out of the park, bring the north & south together, and in just standing there make an immeasurable difference. I wonder if as a boy this skinny, goofy looking kid knew he would be so much. Could he have see the serendipitous speech be aligned with of the voice of liberation? I bet he turned his eyes to the skies and realized like his mother said "something special". Looking back will we remember everything we did today? Not because most of the day was any different from any other, but because this is the day everything changed. Truly I feel more connected and disconnected than I ever have about politics. Maybe it’s from the fever that surrounds this (people chosen) leader. Obama has brought the people to what could be the revolution. I guess I thought I would be more apart of such change, maybe I am, maybe we all are- we just don't know it. I wonder if the people who didn't actually pour the tea in the harbor felt the same way. I say that all who think they are just to outside this, soon to be legendary, event should ask themselves what they did today. Did you notice anything different? Were you stronger, did you stop feeling alone, do you have hope? Have we changed?So far I ironed my shirt and headed in to corporate American. Maybe I didn't wear a tie for a symbolic reason, maybe I spiked my hair just a little more. This morning I've stood on the platform awaiting the train and maybe I have to wait till tonight to truly catch it. All have been standing around, looking down the tunnel, wondering if they would ever come. Well Mr. Obama if you are not the chosen one, then may your voice carry to the one who is. God speed!

No comments: